One of the great contemporary blues guitarists, Rick Holmstrom , joins me on the show this month. Rick has spent the last 10 years of his career burning up stages worldwide with the great Mavis Staples, but had a lengthy career as a sideman and solo artist before joining Mavis, playing with amazing artists like Billy Boy Arnold, Booker T, Rod Piazza and many more. Rick has a totally unique voice on the guitar and is one of the few electric blues players who is totally recognizable after just a couple of notes. And folks, that ain't easy! We got to talk about his career, his upbringing in Alaska, some of his early recording experiences and working on records with the great Mavis Staples. Enjoy my conversation with Rick Holmstrom!
If you enjoy the podcast, we could use your help to keep it going!
There are many expenses involved in keeping this show going, including hosting, editing, and promotion. We rely on contributions from our listeners to accomplish all of this. Here are a few ways you can help out:
1. Become a regular financial backer with a monthly contribution through Patreon
2. Leave a great review and subscribe at Apple Podcasts
3. Order a T-Shirt and be the coolest kid on the block!
4. Tell someone you know that would like the show about it - word of mouth helps a great deal!
4. Make a one-time donation of any amount at the link below:
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, you’re sure to find more that will be of interest. Click here to view the other podcast episodes
And finally… If you feel so inclined, please take take a few minutes to complete our Audience Listener Survey.